Happy New Year.
We celebrated last night with a Chinese takeaway and a Peppa Pig DVD 😉 Oh the joy of being outvoted by a 2 year old! We didn’t stay up. We very rarely do to be honest. New year isn’t that big a deal for us. We don’t go out and we don’t really make resolutions either. We do, however, make a list of things that we want to achieve over the coming year and I suppose that is pretty much the same thing.
Last year I made a list on here of about 5 things I wanted to achieve. Out of the 5 I achieved 3! I didn’t manage to make D some curtains for his bedroom, neither did I re-cover our settees. I did, however, embroider the 2nd curtain and get the fireplace finished. You can see both in this post here. We also grew, and harvested, a lot more veg than we did in 2012. We stuck to growing the same things, with the exception of attempting bell peppers, and had a good harvest.
This year I would like to:
- Sew a lot more. I am hoping to get the attic sorted out soon enough for my craft space to become a reality. I would like to make more of my own clothes and also clothes for Little Lady and baby D. Hubby has a lot of clothes and wears either a uniformed polo shirt and shorts or wet/dry suit for work so I’m not planning to involve him yet. Which brings me to a big one….
- During 2014 I am planning to not buy any new clothes for myself and only a small amount for the kiddies. Exceptions include; underwear and shoes. I will not skimp on shoes for the little ones and the thought of second hand underwear……well let’s not go there!!
- Running. I want to improve my running and I have my eye on a few races I would like to sign up for over the coming year. Starting off I have a 5k Virtual Race in January. (More to come on that later on in the month) I have also set myself a target of 500km total over the year. This is to try to get me to go running more often. I have set up my runkeeper app to count every run I do from today to the 31st December.
- Curtains for baby D’s room. I have seen fabric that I like and plan to order it asap. We have taken D’s cot away and he’s sleeping in a big boy’s bed now so it’ll be nice for him to have a big boy’s room too.
- Continue in the garden. We acquired 5 blackcurrant bushes to add to the fruit trees we already have. I want to plant more and use the harvest to make a lot of our food from scratch.
- Decluttering and sorting. Ruthlessly. I really really want my craft/office space in the attic so I really need to get my bum in gear with this one. It will be a long slog as not only do we have a lot of stuff in the attic, but the
spare roomsoon to be play room, has a lot of stuff in it, as does the space under the stairs. Our house is almost bursting with stuff, and we need to continue the work we started, and abandoned, pretty much this time last year!
I hope you will join me in 2014 and let’s see if I can do better than the 3/5 I achieved last year.