I do love lists so this topic is a good one for me. After yesterday’s post, I want to do a more positive one so today’s 10 things are going to be 10 things I am thankful for.
1. My family. They are EVERYTHING
2. My faith. I count myself lucky that I have such a strong faith. I know others may not appreciate the value of faith but to me it is such a comfort knowing I have someone who watches over me.
3. Our house. It may not be perfect but it is our home and we are lucky to have a house of our own.
4. My job. I am very lucky that I have a job which means I can work around my kiddies. I can be at home with them when I need to and I can take them to work with me if and when I need to.
5. Our garden. Again it’s not perfect. I would love a bigger garden with more room for the kids to play and more room to grow veg but what we have is serving us well on both accounts and we are very lucky to have any kind of outside space.
6. The ability to sew. I haven’t always appreciated this skill but I have started to gain confidence in my ability again. I am falling in love with sewing all over again and it’s nice.
7. Quality time with hubby. Since having kiddies it has become so easy to fall into a routine whereby we don’t spend time together just the 2 of us. So I love it when the kiddies are in bed and hubby and I can just relax and spend time together as husband and wife. Even if this means cwtching on the settee together while we watch a DVD.
8. Good health. I am very thankful that all 4 of us enjoy good health. Baby D is full of a cold at the moment and we are both finding it hard while he is poorly but in general we are all very lucky.
9. Clean water and plenty of food to eat. I do sometimes complain when we have a tight month and we have to be creative with what food we have in the cupboards/freezer but thankfully we have never been in a situation where we have been starving.
10. We have a comfortable life. We don’t have lots of money – far from it but we have food, we have a warm house, we have each other and for this I am eternally grateful.
What are you thankful for today?